Going digital on Etsy is a great way to increase your revenue. That’s why we’ve created the ultimate guide to selling digital downloads on Etsy.
We’re going to talk about:
- Benefits of selling digital downloads
- What products can you sell
- How to do product research
- What tools do you need
- How much you can make selling digital products
Keep reading to learn more about selling digital downloads on Etsy.
Benefits of Going Digital on Etsy?
One of the most significant benefits you get from selling on Etsy is that you immediately get a big audience. The platform has millions of visits every day. The high flow of visitors will provide your shop with plenty of exposure.
Unlike running a regular Etsy shop, going digital creates a source of passive income.
What does that mean? Once you make your digital product, you no longer have to worry about packaging and shipping the item. The buyer makes the purchase, they get the product, and you get the money.
The whole process is automated, and the result is that you can make a profit while you sleep.
Those two benefits are more than enough to motivate you to go digital on Etsy. Let’s take a look at what digital products you could sell.
What Digital Products to Sell on Etsy?
Etsy’s marketplace features a diverse range of products. The same goes for digital ones. If you’re thinking of going digital, the following are some options that you can consider:
Printable home decor - Try out your creative side and create printable home decor designs, drawings, images, or anything else that would be a perfect addition to a customer’s household.
Printable planners - Planners are a trendy choice for many buyers. You could try creating niche planners for things such as fitness, nutrition, grocery shopping, daily activities, and more.
Digital planners - Create detailed digital planners for devices such as tablets and smartphones. People enjoy the versatility as they don’t have to print them for a new year or month. They can make any changes on the go and reuse the template.
Coloring book pages - You can target two different target audiences with coloring book pages. Both adults and children will enjoy them. While children get to have fun, adults find coloring calming.
Digital document templates - Design forms, resumes, photo albums, cover letters, and any other type of document that comes to your mind. That includes things such as recipe cards and invitations.
Marketing materials - Create flyers, press kits, and brochures that businesses use in their marketing efforts. Explore how people advertise across different niches and create templates for several.
Graphics - You can make logos and other branding graphics. Create bundles that business owners could purchase from you. Every business wants to tell a story. You can help them in the process with your unique designs.
Furthermore, the list goes on to practically any digital product type that can be either printed or used on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
How to Do Product Research
Once you’ve decided what you want to sell, it’s time to explore the Etsy marketplace. Product research is essential as you can explore and see what the competition is doing.
You can analyze why some listings are doing great and what you can do to offer better value to Etsy buyers.
That’s where our Alura Chrome Extension is extremely handy. Here’s a thorough guide that’ll help you get started.
The whole process is straightforward, as all you have to do is:
- Install the Alura extension.
- Connect your Etsy account with Alura and permit it to access it requires.
- Head over to Etsy and search with desired keywords.
- Launch the extensions, and you’ll see a plethora of listing data.
That’s it. Use the information to build listings that’ll rank better and sell well.
What Tools Do You Need?
If you’re eager to start making digital products for your Etsy shop, you’ll need to master a couple of image editing software tools. Some of those include the following:
- Adobe Creative Cloud - If you’re looking for a complete suite for image editing, drawing, and designing, Adobe is the go-to solution. While it comes at a price, it packs powerful tools include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Lightroom. The complete suite packs even more tools that’ll fit all your needs.
- Canva - This is an excellent tool for image editing. It is a popular tool that many people use to create logos, edit images and create designs. If you’re a beginner, working with this editor is the perfect way to start.
- Pixlr - If you’re looking to sell your photos, editing them with Pixlr is quick and straightforward. Use it to edit your images and prepare them for sale on Etsy.
- Gimp - This is another free advanced tool. It’s an excellent alternative to Adobe Photoshop, and we happily recommend it to those who want to work with digital imagery professionally.
These are only some of the image editing tools that you can get. With a wide range of products available in the market today, you’ll easily find the perfect tool for your needs.
How Much Can You Make With Digital Products on Etsy?
The potential revenue of selling digital products on Etsy varies greatly. Much like running a regular Etsy shop with physical products, you can end up earning thousands of dollars annually.
Making a precise estimate is impossible, as numerous factors affect sales. However, it’s safe to say that the monthly revenue can range between $50 up to $2000.
As you can run multiple Etsy shops, selling digital products is a great way to make a passive income while you’re working on developing another one.
We hope that our guide will help you start selling digital downloads on Etsy.
We look forward to hearing from you!