As an Etsy seller, one of your responsibilities is making sure that your buyers have a smooth buying experience in your store. Adding variations to your Etsy listing is one of the ways to achieve it successfully.
The best part is that adding Etsy listing variations is a simple process that’ll take a minute of your time. Before we proceed to all the details, let’s take a look at what are listing variations.
What Are Listing Variations?
While offering some product in a single variant is sometimes the only option, generally speaking, it’s a good idea to present it in different shapes, sizes, colors, etc.
That’s what listing variations are. It simply means that you’re offering your product in different variants. Some customers will find this feature to be helpful, as it provides them with more options.
For example, if we’re talking about products such as clothes, offering multiple sizes is essential. You can do that by adding variations to your original listing. Here’s how you can do it.
How to Add Variations to Your Etsy Listing?
Adding variations will require you to take several steps. You can do it when you’re creating a new listing or by editing an already existing one. Here’s where to start:
1. Go to the Listings page and click on the listing you want to edit.
2. In the Category dropdown, select one or more options.
3. You’ll now be able to see relevant attributes. Pick I offer more than one.
4. It’s time to scroll through the page down to Variations and click Add variations.
5. Select Choose variation type and pick the type of variation you want to offer to your customers.
6. Under the variation type, check the box to provide different SKU numbers, quantities, and prices.
7. Click Save to finish up.
8. You’ll see Variations pop up. It’s where you can edit the variations you’ve added to your listing.
That’s it. You’ve now added variations to your listing.
You can change the order of the variations on your listing. All you have to do is click on Edit variations and simply drag the options in the order you prefer.
What Variations Can You Add to Your Etsy Listing?
Etsy offers a wide range of variations to sellers. You can practically provide any type of variation that you’d like. They include:
- Price - You can add different prices to different variations.
- Size - If you’re offering a product in different sizes, you can easily add them as variations to your listings.
- Custom variation - If you don’t see a variation you’d like to offer, you can always make your variation first and offer them to your customers. One important disclaimer, though, users can find your listing by filtering your custom variation.
While it’s great that you can add all these variations to your listing, remember that adding too many can confuse the buyer. You want to keep the buyer’s journey as simple as possible, so add 2-3 variations at most to keep things simple.
In case the buyer wants something unique, they can always request a custom order. Here’s how you can offer one.
How to Hide a Variation on Your Listing?
If you want to hide a variation, you can do it in the Listing Manager. Simply click the Visible toggle, and that’s it.
On the other hand, you’ve sold out the variation, simply put the quantity value to 0, and it will appear on the listing as Sold out.
Adding variations to your listings is one way to make them more appealing. To make your listings even better, check out the Alura tool. It packs a fantastic set of features that’ll help you perfectly optimize your Etsy listings.
If you’re eager to learn more, reach out to us anytime, we’ll be more than happy to help.