We are using data directly from Etsy to provide you with the most accurate data available. In order to do this, Etsy requires us to prove that we are using their resources to help an actual Etsy user. Without your approval, we do not have access to Etsy’s data on your behalf.
We firmly believe that using Etsy as our main resource not only provides the best results, but also is the safest. Etsy uses OAuth which is an open web standard, used by many sites including Google. It also guarantees that Etsy has looked at our application and approved us to access their data for your benefit. Think of OAuth as the “car key” to your Etsy account. Here’s how it works:
1. We’ll ask your permission to access your Etsy account. (By now you’ve pulled into the parking lot of a fancy restaurant.)
2. We then direct you to a special approval page on Etsy. You’ll be asked to sign in to Etsy if you haven’t signed in recently. We won’t be able to access your account and allow you to take actions unless you click the blue “Allow Access” button on the approval page. (This is like the parking attendant asking for your key.)
3. After you approve the access, you’re taken back to the application. The application is now linked to your Etsy account. (You have turned your valet key over to the parking attendant.)
4. We will stay linked to your account, and you won’t need to approve us again the next time you use us. At any time, you can visit Your Etsy and revoke the access you’ve granted to any application. (This is like getting your key back at the end of the night.)
It is also important for us to mention that we will at no time ask you to hand over your password. Instead, we send you to Etsy, and you sign in on the Etsy site. You know you’re providing your password only to Etsy, because the address in your browser starts with “http://www.etsy.com.” We then use OAuth “access tokens” to help you access your Etsy account. These token values don’t contain any personally-identifying information about you, your account, or your shop. Your password is safe.
See all apps you are using here:
Once you authorize applications, what can we do for you? Well, eventually we hope they can help you conveniently manage all aspects of your Etsy account. We’re still at work, but here is a list of actions you can now do through third-party apps, using OAuth:
- Product Research - Finding profitable products and niches that fits your skills and passion.
- Keyword Research - Discover the keywords that people looking for your products are using.
- Etsy Fee Calculator - See how much you are actually earning per product sold.